Wednesday, March 05, 2008

God's Green Earth...



Here is a conceptual layout that i designed for a feature film project that got canned before it even got off the ground. It was still a really fun project to work on though. While designing this piece I had priceless hands-on guidance from two amazing artists Tony Bancroft and Matthew Bates, while i was interning over at Toonacious Family Entertainment. I compiled a bunch of my favorite camping photos that I've taken over the years into a pile on my desk, picked out my favorite elements and then designed my forest around that. I was going for a similar draftsmanship style to the great and talented Marcelo Vignali and Armand Serrano (who I recently had the honor of meeting over at Sony Pictures,) incorporating a realistic value study with a stylized landscape drawing. I was graciously given some excellent advice for materials by Marcelo and had a lot of fun experimenting with Prismacolor black colored pencil on vellum. I plan on continuing this style cause it makes me feel more creative. Hope you like it. God bless

-b

1 comment:

Armand Serrano said...

This is a good start, Brandon. Sorry to hear that the project was canned....welcome to the world of animation! You are privileged to be working with those guys. Tony is a good man and I'll work for him anytime mayself. Had fun browsing through your blog and hope to see more of your postings. I'm linking you up. Take care my friend.